receiver antenna placement (antenna guide)

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 05:24:43 AKST 2004

If drilling gets tedious working throught the pipe tunnel
area, cut an about 2 inch by 5 inch hole in bottom to
work through.  Recover when done.
Ron Lockhart

"Keith Black" <tkeithb at comcast.net>  [ Save address ]
To:  <discussion at nsrca.org>
Subject:  Re: receiver antenna placement (antenna guide)
Date:  Wed, 3 Mar 2004 01:13:12 -0600
I don't have a focus, but have a suggestion. Drill a hole in each formers
that you need to run the nyrod through. Then simply slip the nyrod through
the hole(s).

How do you drill the whole WAY down the fuse? Take a long dowel (1/2" or so
wide) and drill a hole directly into the end of the dowel. This hole should
be sized so it will be a very tight fit for the drill bit you'll use to
drill the former holes. Press the drill bit into the hole in the end of the
dowel and reach down the tail and drill the holes by turning the dowel with
your hands. It really doesn't take much to drill a hole through balsa or
even ply formers (not sure what's used on the focus).

Best of luck,
Keith Black