Carbon Push Rod Size

john tarpinian jtarpinian at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 14:32:10 AKST 2004

Jim

Thanks for the advice. I'm planning to use the 1/8" cg
tube and 2-56 hardware.

John

---------------------------------

John

The 2-56 size works good,however I use the pushrod
ends from Bob Violet Models part number BVM5734.These
are stainless steel and are way stronger than
Dubro.You need to drill them to fit a little oversize
for the carbon fiber rod.This gives room for the
epoxy.

This info is compliments of Troy Newman. Didn't think
I would take credit for it did you Troy?HAHA.

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com

>From: john tarpinian
>To: discussion at nsrca.org
>Subject: Re: Carbon Push Rod Size
>Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:23:55 -0800 (PST)
>
>The 1/8 cf tubes are only available with 2-56 ends.
>Are the 2-56 linkages durable enough?
>
>--- ronlock wrote:
> > I'll second the recommendation for a pushrod
guide.
> >   I cut an oval hole in bottom about
> > 5 x 2 inches to work through to install the balsa
> > and foam guide.
> >
> > Later, Ron Lockhart

ailerons.
> >  Very stiff and light, but make sure you use light

> > clevis/control arms too or it will not buy you
much.
> >  Not sure what the elevator setup is on the Focus.

> > If it's down the middle, the 5/32 and 3/16 rods
are
> > both very light and work fine.  a guide inthe
center
> > of the rod is not a bad idea.  This doesn't have
> > be structural.  Just something to prevent
> > oscillations, like a cross brace of light balsa
with
> > a small cube of foam glued on top of it.  the foam

> > would have a slice halfway through which the rod
> > slides in.
> >   --Lance

should
> > I use on my Focus.  The homemade ones from the
> > previous owner don't give me a warm fuzzy.  These
> > push rod will be for the ailerons, and elevator
> > halves.
> >
> >     Thanks
> >     Michael Laggis
> >     AKA Moose Boy
> >     NSRCA 3618
> >     http://www.alaskarc.org

>Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail.
>http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
># To be removed from this list, send a message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the
body.