receiver antenna placement (antenna guide)

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Mar 2 09:40:05 AKST 2004

Thanks Keith,
I allmost put it up there again but was hesitant. I didn't want people to think
that I was beating my chest again, so thanks for beating it for me.
I'm really glad that this has been a useful idea for you. One thing additionally
that I now do to deal with the back-out problem is to take about a 1&1/4" long
piece of 3/16" dowel and chuck it up in a power drill and sand a really long
taper on it, allmost to a point. I then take a small triangular file and file a
groove lengthwise down the side of this spear approximately 3/64" deep. You then
locate this groove positionally over the location of the antenna wire itself and
force it into the end of the Nyrod and "Voilla" you now need no foam or other
retainers.No need to ca it as it stays in very well if you make the taper long
enough and you can also pull it out in the future when removing the receiver.
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org