OS1.40 Pipe > Couplers

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Mon Mar 1 07:35:09 AKST 2004

Brian,

If you are using a larger dia. header than your pipe inlet you're
restricting the flow of the spent gases into the pipe. What is
happening is that you're pushing fresh gases mixed with a certain
amount of exhaust gases back into the combustion chamber. This creates
additional heat and less performance. A better combination would be
same size header or smaller diameter than the pipe inlet. What you
want to achieve is a high velocity (more important than volume) in the
header.
Judging by the size of the pipe inlet you must be using a 10cc pipe
which might be a little on the small side in volume.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com