OS1.40 Pipe > Couplers

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Mon Mar 1 07:34:22 AKST 2004

I see a clue in your note. A bigger header diameter than the pipe neck diameter compresses the hot gasses onto the coupler material. Whereas the other way the coupler gets a break. Hmmm,

I have not used Teflon on 2-c's where the diameters were different but it could work if you are strong enough to stretch 3/4 id over 7/8"

You can buy 1 foot lengths of Teflon tubing, these days, from McMaster-Carr

E.