best color for canopy

Chris L. csl at direcway.com
Sat Jun 19 07:38:02 AKDT 2004

FYI,
I did a very informal test a few years ago with my infrared heat gun on canopy temperatures at the Bud Garric Classic in Sacramento, CA.  Air Temps were in the low 90's at the time of the test.
Coolest temps were clear and silver.  I suspect the clear had something to do with base color inside as well, and I believe most were white.
Temps on these ranged from 135-165.
Black canopies were the hottest for obvious reasons, and could easily exceed 200 degrees. Most showed some signs of warping.
Keep this in the back of your head as you choose your color.
Chris Larson
D7