Flight times at the Nats

tony at radiosouthrc.com tony at radiosouthrc.com
Thu Jun 17 12:49:04 AKDT 2004

Joe:

I have not seen the final decision on this, but this was recommended by Ron
Van Putte (a Master's flier, I might add) as the Masters class is fairly
large in relation to the FAI class.  If we fly the smaller size classes in
the AM, then they will be over at the same time, around noon.  We can then
change over and start the larger classes to finish around 6 PM or so.

It is purely to reduce confusion...  That is, we want all the classes to
finish at the same time in the morning, so everyone that comes in the
afternoon can be told one particular time to show up.  If we list a
different time for the two afternoon groups, pilots always get confused,
miss judging/flying times, and are not happy!  Sure, it is up to each pilot
to pay attention, but these things do happen and some have gotten pretty
upset about it in the past.

This issue is decided by the CD generally, but their are the above reasons
for flying FAI in the AM and Masters in the PM.

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505