First Contest - Mintor had me sweating

fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Mon Jun 14 09:30:11 AKDT 2004

Well Sunday was our first Pattern contest.  My Mintor 170 has been running
like a swiss watch.  I have about 7 gallons run through it.  Got to the
field early Sunday morning fueled the Focus up and ran through half of 402
just to get a feel for the air and make sure things were AOK.  The motor
ran great.  I landed refueled and waited my turn.  I was up on deck,
started motor and it just would'nt stay run.  Looked at fuel line and saw
that it was dry.  Hmmmm, I was getting nervous.  Tried just about
everything I could think of to get it started.  No joy in muddville.  On of
the FAI guys said pull the needle valve out and turn it over till fuel
comes out.  I pulled the needle valve and put the starter to it.  Spun it
over for a 20 or 30 second burst and no fuel.  Hit it again with the start
and finally fuel was just a pumping out.  I put the needle valve back in
and reset it.  Started motor and it ran great all day.  I have a fuel
filter on the line before the pump and a filter on the jug. Were the
pattern Gods just testing me?  If so, I have now paid my dues.

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3618

http://mail2web.com/ .

==================# To be removed from this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm