Cool Power

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Thu Jun 10 07:34:04 AKDT 2004

MessageLee,

There has been discussion after discussion on this subject.  I am sure there are variances for every application and setup.

I have been storing mine lately nose up and making sure the carb barrel is closed so as to not let moisture collect in the inlet to the crank.  I had an engine one time that was taken out of the airplane an left on the bench for about 2 months and the carb was open.  The crank was rusted at the opening of the inlet and the sleeve got rusty not to mention the bearing race.  Sealing them up by closing the barrel completely seems to be a logical thing to do.

Wayne Galligan