YS 140L not starting

Prmoore at aol.com Prmoore at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 20:18:46 AKDT 2004

Engine doesn't want to fire. Symptoms:
Fuel draw not the best, very little pressure in the tank, compression seems
OK.  When we first pulled the cowl the fuel was to the filter which was the
high spot in the line, after some fidgeting (not sure why) the fuel line had
visible fuel to the engine.
Removed the glow plug, put a few drops of fuel in the cylinder still
basically wouldn't fire.  There we a couple of very minor puts while  turning with
the starter after putting the fuel drops in the  cylinder.  Pulled valve cover,
valve gap not the problem.  Glow plug  glows, check valve is in the correct
direction.  If you put your  finger over the pipe exhaust can't feel any
pressure pulses as we turned  the engine over.  This engine hasn't been run since
comming back from YS  (supposedly rebuilt).

Phil