Prescription sunglasses

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 23:14:45 AKDT 2004

Oops, I forgot the link: http://www.nyxgolf.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keith Black
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 2:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Prescription sunglasses

  NYX Golf makes some that accept a prescription inset and allow changing out the lenses with different color lenses. NYX is located close to Dallas (Addison) so I went by and the owner was very helpful. He went out of his way to find a style that fit my face well and let me look through many different lens colors to choose what I wanted. I ended up getting about six different lens colors. They have everything from gradients, solids, mirrored, yellows (shooting glasses), amber, etc. These are great on days with poor lighting.

  These glasses can also be purchased through Piedmont Models or Golf Smith. Most people do fine with the ones sold by Piedmont and I think they have a good selection of lenses in their R/C package. I started with the standard frame but found that they didn't fit my face well so I tried another frame style that works quite well.

  BTW, I also have some regular prescription sunglasses that can be purchased at any prescription glasses shop. These have excellent optics and are polarized and I use them quite often, however the NYX glasses cover my eyes better to prevent light from the side and from behind and have the benefit of the different colored lenses.

  Here's a link to the NYX web page for info, I ended up getting the Classic Competition style.

  Keith Black