Header extensions

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Thu Jun 3 16:40:29 AKDT 2004

>Ok, several people have recommended header extensions to cure my
>problem with my 0S 1.60 with a Greve pipe and my Mueller header.
>Any readily available items to use, or are there specialty
>extensions available?  I haven't been able to find extensions at the
>usual sources (Central, Radio South, etc.)  I don't have tubing of
>this size laying around.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jon Lowe

Jon,

I've used sections of 7/8" aluminum wing tube in different lengths to
extend the pipe length (up to 5") when playing around with engine
tuning, different nitro levels, etc.  The aluminum wing tubes are
light due to their thin wall and are readily available since many
flyers have switched to carbon fiber wing tubes to save on weight.

Thx, Jerry
--
Jerry Budd