Fire Extinguishers and Xmitter springs

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Jun 3 05:04:13 AKDT 2004

Wayne

How did all that sunlight UV get inside your transmitter? The plastic will
only get brittle with time IF there is a plasticizer in it which in this
case there is not...but what does happen is a problem called
"creep"....(no offense). Creep is the "flowing" of the plastic when it is
under a load, and those hooks are under a load 24/7 even worse when you
have heavy duty springs. Eventually that hook will fail.
I flew Lances set up and hated those triple tight springs...seemed
ridiculous to break a sweat to move the sticks.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Wayne Galligan" <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com>