OS 1.60 Issues

Mark Hunt flyintexan at houston.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 04:26:05 AKDT 2004

Jon,

I have the same setup.... I extended the pipe length by another 1/2" (minimum) and I mounted the kline right against the needle valve (1/2" of tubing - total) inlet.  It is very important that you keep the reg. close to the needle as well as try to isolate the reg. from hard vibration.  I wrap the reg. in a rubber band.  I am running 15%, APC 17x12, hatori header (and header extension).

I still have a hiccup if I fly around a mid-throttle, but quite rare.  It's getting hot here in TX so I've set the motor a bit rich and I'm turning approx. 8000 rpm on the ground.  I can send pics of my setup later today if you like....

(flyintexan at houston.rr.com)

Alot of guys around here in Dist 6 are running the same setup, but using a perry pump with good success as well.

Hope it helps,
Mark

P.S. I had to lean the low needle until it would barely even start, then backed off (rich) a 1/4 turn.  Now, I prime it, back flip, and its running.