Unknowns

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 17:43:16 AKDT 2004

Hey everyone.  Great Nats(my first)  After seeing the format for the FAI finals, am curious as to everyone's opinion on the inclusion of Unknowns for AMA.  My flying buddy and I differ on opinion.

I really enjoyed this part of IMAC when flying that discipline.  It is difficult and requires an amount of skill and patience as well as ability to recover from a goof.

In Lubbock next weekend I am contemplating flying a voluntary Unknown sequence on Sunday(as scores are being tallied)  Lots of questions variable but may just see if there is any interest or not.

Personally I am for them, although not the mandatory score where a flame out takes your trophy away.  The work required to set up an acceptable set of manuevers and the associated K's would be a handfull, but not impossible.  Having the pilots choose is an interesting way to decide but don't know if this is feasible for local contests??

Thanx

ed