Ed Keck passing

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 09:51:47 AKDT 2004

 Ed was a true gentelman. I had the pleasure of flying with him at many national events in the 70's. He was instrumental in the development of Pro Line radios and designed and produced such items as Pro-Line retracts and the 1st really good open gimbals used in the Pro-Line radios. He was also very involved in the early days of the NSRCA. We lost a good one here. Mike

Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:
Hello All,
Some sad news ...
In the few minutes since my last post, I have heard that Ed Keck passed away. Ed was a top level National Pattern competitor for a great many years, and an unbelievably good builder, from the Buffalo New york area. When the contest management at the TOC first considered changing to the Scale Aerobatics format, Ed was asked to build the proof of concept model (a Spinks Akromaster with the then brand new Webra 90)and then helped develop some of the first aeromodelling Turnaround schedules. He demonstrated at the TOC, one year, and at the next, the TOC looked like what most of us would recognize today. Ed retired from Pattern in the mid-eighties, and took up competitive free-flight. He was a several time U.S. team member with an excellent record at the FF Worlds.
If I remember correctly, Ed (along with Ron Chidgey) was one of the last two competitors to have attended every single U.S. team trial up until '85.

No doubt he will be missed.