Piedmont Models

Gordon Anderson GAA at owt.com
Mon Jul 26 17:20:47 AKDT 2004

Dave,

I was running an OS #8 plug and based on recommendations I replaced it with a OS
F, actually a YS 4 stroke plug cuz I was out of Fs but I think its equivalent. I
could not believe how this plug change affected the needle settings. With the #8
plug I had to lean out the low speed needle to get a smooth transition. With the
F I was able to richen up the low end 3/4 of a turn and the high speed needle a
couple of clicks. I richened up the low end until it just started to hesitate a
little in transition, in flight it seemed to lean out a little and I never
notice any problem in transition. That did the trick! I had a couple more dead
sticks getting it setup but right away it was clear then richening the low end
was the right thing to do.
I got some help from folks on this list and I would have been fighting this
issue  a long time without all the GREAT advice I received!

--Gordon