Oxai Impression

Morten Laugesen morten at laugesen.nu
Mon Jul 19 06:11:25 AKDT 2004

Hi Bob,

Thanks, I didn't do much finish however since the model comes fully painted and clear coated from
Oxai... I have only fitted the MK dual coupler in the rear of the fuse and installed the engine and
radio gear along with some formers to hold the radio gear and the fuel tank. I think you can
purchase the model in the US here: http://www.oxai.us

The tuned pipe is a Mintor CF pipe, which I have made a little longer by fitting a piece of
helicopter tail tube over the aluminum inlet that was already mounted in the pipe. That way I can
run a shorter header and don't worry about it braking. This works like a charm and I think it is a
pretty clean setup.

The white stuff is simply epoxy resin mixed with Micro Balloons (tiny glass bubbles). I use this for
fitting all formers in glass fuselages. The Micro Balloons makes the epoxy much lighter, but the
strength is still plenty high enough for this use. I have actually seen some Japanese builders who
used epoxy mixed with Micro Balloons for sheeting foam wings as well. This makes sense since the
volume of the epoxy increases but the weight stays nearly the same...

Best regards,
Morten Laugesen

e-mail: morten at laugesen.nu