Fut. 9150s

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Wed Jul 14 06:27:24 AKDT 2004

Ihncheol,

Will do--but it'll be a while.  I have 9154s in the new Temptation we've been madly building(since I cracked up the first one) and the back-up OMS.  I'm going to try to piece the first one back together(have to rebuild about a third of the fuse and a complete left wing panel) and use it for practice with the re-geared 9150s.  Jim Woodward and I have been having a tiny debate regarding speed vs torque--In a nutshell, his feeling is more torque and reasonable speed is the way to go and I've always felt more speed and reasonable torque is best. The feel of the airplane was better with the 9154s as I changed them on back to back eves.--but Jim brought up a good point regarding how much expo and how ATV is set and so forth would affect 'feel'. He went through several trials with increasing torque servos on back to back eves. with the same results--that is--he felt his airplane improved correspondingly.  I would suggest you try them as is and see what you think. I was just happy to find the conversion looks like it will work--otherwise the servos weren't worth much to me or apparently to anyone else.
          Richard