Weight Limit

Chad Northeast chadnortheast at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 11 19:01:54 AKDT 2004

>From the FAI:

PART ONE - GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT
1.1. GENERAL DEFINITION OF MODEL AIRCRAFT
A model aircraft is a heavier-than-air craft of limited dimensions, with or without a propulsion device, not able to
carry a human being and to be used for competition, sport or recreational purposes rather than unmanned
aeronautical vehicles (UAV) developed for commercial or governmental, scientific, research or military purposes.
1.2. GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF MODEL AIRCRAFT
Unless otherwise stated, model aircraft shall meet the following general specifications:
Maximum flying weight with fuel 25 kg
Maximum surface area 500 dm2
Maximum loading 250 g/dm2
Maximum swept volume of piston motor(s) 250 cm3
Electric Motors power source max. no load voltage 42 volts
Noise limits shall be applied to powered model aircraft categories, with 96 dB(A) at 3 metres for any category which
does not have approval for any other noise rule. Specific noise measuring procedures are to be developed by each
subcommittee for its category.
Noise limits do not apply to model aircraft with electric motors.