[SPAM] Re: Glow Plugs

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 06:34:43 AKDT 2004

I was going through plugs earier this year.  Too much after-run or just fuel seems to be partially the problem.  The other part was pump related and it was getting lean on the uplines.  The engine is on the way for a re-build.  Was using a plug a week (either OS F or YS).

Randy

Bill, do you use after-run oil? If so, how much?
I found that if I used too much after-run oil it would collect around the head when in storage (I store mine level, belly down) and the next time I tried to start it the compression of the oil would damage my glow plugs. I stopped using so much and now only use about five drops and don't seem to have as much problem with the plugs.
Keith Black