Glow Plugs

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 18:52:43 AKDT 2004

Bill, at the settings you describe, the engine should run fine. The next
place to look is the possibility of overcompression. The head and/or liner may be
machined a few thousandths off. Try adding the head shim and run it a little
richer as Ron and Dave suggest.

I have seen a bunch of Webras run and none seems to have a problem with
blowing plugs. But these are machined components and subject to natural variation
so it is possible yours is the lucky engine.

The Mintor 170 on the other hand is a real plug hog; especially the early
vintage engines. The later vintage has head shims added for smoother more
reliable function and it helps in that area.

hope that helps a little and good luck

MattK