Weedon Lolly Pop

Ed Hartley roho2 at rcpattern.com
Mon Jul 5 07:43:37 AKDT 2004

I had the pleasure of seeing a Weedon Lolly Pop performed by Steve Byrum at the Cullman contest this past weekend. For those who do not know, Tom is forever doing new maneuvers! I am absolutely positively sure this must be one of his!

The plane enters the maneuver from straight and level flight.  It executes 1/4 inside loop to a vertical climb, performs one half roll and continues vertically.  At the top of the vertical climb, the plane pulls, then pushes REALLY hard to execute 3/4 outside loop, exit upright.

The primary downgrade for the Lolly Pop is doing it in the box. Fortunately, Steve's was well out of the box, so his scores were 5 and 7.

Sent with the kind permission of Steve Byrum.

Ed