YS FZ91 Problem

Rex Lesher trex at pacwest.net
Wed Jan 28 20:31:01 AKST 2004

Ed

I assume he is listening to the idle when setting idle for landing?  You might change the throttle servo.  Sounds sort of like the servo has lost the endpoint accuracy.  I've experienced this sort of problem and tried to no avail to fix the engine.  I change the servo and that solved the problem.  The servo was worn out, and too little on the torque to begin with.  The throttle on my 91FZ was pretty firm, and that's what wore out the servo.  And it didn't take long!  I finally polished the barrel valve just enough to make it real smooth.
I don't know if that is the problem you are facing, but  it sounds all to familar to me...

Rex Lesher
3117