dead battery

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 08:41:17 AKST 2004

When you initially recharged the pack did you trickle or peak charge it? If
the cells are at different levels then the pack will peak before all cells
are full (this is why all manufactures tell you to trickle charge for 24 hrs
before using new packs). Try putting it on a trickle charge for a couple of
days to even out the cells. After this try cycling it and seeing if the
capacity increases.

Also, what's the voltage? Sometimes one cell with flip polarities when
completely discharged. You should check the voltage to make sure all cells
are working correctly.

After doing the trickle and checking the voltage if the pack will not
repeatedly cycle near 1650 then replace the pack.

Keith