Li poly's vs: Li Ions

fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Mon Jan 26 07:40:59 AKST 2004

With my experience with Li-poly and Li-Ion I would have to assume that the
high current Li-poly's would be a better choice.  The standard Li-ions
cells are only good to 2c and that is putting a pretty healthy load on
them.  While the new high current Li-poly's are rated at 6C for 80% of the
capcity.  With the demands of digital servos I would think that the poly's
would be a better choice.  Of course I am no battery expert this is just
from my experience with small electric planes.

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3618

Li-poly's work. They seem to work as well as Li-ons.  They are being sold
as RX packs as well as electric motor packs.

That being said, I have noticed that my Li-poly's drop off a little after
being fully charged, I have not yet tested how long they hold their charge
before they are used.

In the final analysis, if they work well, then they are lighter and thus
attractive to pattern players.

Regards,

Eric.