Li poly's vs: Li Ions

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 04:51:39 AKST 2004

 Last year I ran a 2 cell 7.4  2000 mil. Li Ion pack in my plane. Since then I've been building small E. planes and have gotten used to the newer technology of Li poly's. My question to all you experts is should all my new receiver battery packs from here on be Li Poly's? Does anyone see an advantage or disadvantage to this. The setup I thought would be best was a 7.4v  2100 Mil 2S Thunder Power Li Poly with the appropriate 5.3 regulator ( what's your suggestion?) for 5 JR digital servos and a Jr pcm receiver. If this has been asked before I apologize I just havn't seen it discussed. Also I have a Triton charger so that's not an issue. Thanks, Mike