Urgent ! Incidence Meter Question

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 16:05:32 AKST 2004

Along Kenny's line of thinking, a height gauge is the device of choice for
vertical measurements. I have written about that before but it's worth
repeating. It's a device that has a vertically moving pointer/slider, which moves on a
graduated rule which is itself mounted on a base. Practically all the
measurement device manufacturers (micrometers and such, Mitotuyo, Browne and Sharpe,
etc) make these. Either the digital readout type or mechanical analog type is
fine, but I prefer the analog type; they are very inexpensive on the order of
30-50$ or so for the analog. The new Chinese offerings are even less than that.
Harbor Freight Tools is a good source for the Chinese height gauges

The carbide scribe pointer can be used to good advantage to actually scribe
markings on the fuse sides. The markings will be as accurate as your surface
table.

BTW wing accuracy is simple to check with such a device.

"If you can't measure it, you don't know when you have it made"

Matt K