Urgent ! Incidence Meter Question

Kenneth Blackwell blackwellk at snowhill.com
Sun Jan 25 02:16:04 AKST 2004

Scott,

Incidence meters of all types are generally not accurate enough for pattern use. You need an accuracy of  0.1 deg. I have an electronic digital level that will read to 0.1 deg and I only use it for cross checks. Although the readout is good to 0.1 deg, the overall accuracy isn't that good. If you have a good flat table...the very best way is to set the fuse on the table and measure up to the centers of wing/stab LE/TE then with trig calculate the incidence angle. To do this you need an accurate vertical measurementwith an accuracy of 1/64" or better. On the Focus I and II the bottom of the fuselage is zero incidence. Both wing and stab should be set to specifications provided by Piedmont from this reference.

Cheers,

Ken Blackwell
Precision Model Design
blackwellk at snowhill.com