Artistic Aerobatics

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Fri Jan 23 18:52:29 AKST 2004

>Pattern will never reach those heights. As long as you enjoy the hobby for
>yourself that is the main thing. If only we could draw an international
>celebrity into flying pattern the public may start to take a little
>interest.

Now deceased World Champion F1 driver Ayrton Senna became fanatical
about flying pattern planes after befriending Hanno Prettner.
However he didn't compete due to time constraints and also not
wanting to spend what little free time he had in the public eye.
Most of his flying was done between races at private fields with
Hanno.

This according to my good friend Stefan Fiink from Germany who met
Senna through his association with Prettner.  According to Stefan,
Senna was a pretty decent model pilot.  Not great but competent.

Check out this website and scroll down to his Hobbies:
http://tinyurl.com/22yjx

The only other notable celebrity flying pattern I can think of is our
own Dave Villwock of Miss Budweiser fame.  But then we all know that
Dave's just a "regular guy", so maybe he doesn't count!

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jbudd at qnet.com