DZ160s-and others-opinions-opinions

Chuck Czarnik CCzarnik at arclp.com
Wed Jan 21 14:15:21 AKST 2004

Anthony brings up a good point to me..  My first 2M was a Focus with an
OS 1.60, flying intermediate.  The combo had so much power that I had
trouble with speed control and presentation.  A 17x13 prop gave it
proper load, but made it a rocket.  I finally ended up with a 17x10N and
throttle ATV dialed way, way back to get it to slow down.  For my class
and ability, it was too much power. Chuck

Anthony Wrote:

<snip>

P.S. I have flown a two meter pattern plane with a YS140 DZ, I flew
across straight and level at about half throttle, pulled verticle and
went to full power. I blinked and before I knew it I had nearly punched
a whole in the ozone layer. This leads my simple mind to a question. How
much power is enough? I plan on flying an OS 140RX this year and if it
has as much as or more power than a DZ140 I will be a little concerned.

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail message
is either attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended
only for the use of the individual or agent responsible to deliver
it to the intended recipient; or, alternately, proprietary information
(trade secret).  You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication or unauthorized use of the
information herein contained, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately delete it
from your computer and notify the sender of your receipt of this message.