YS DZ160s... OS-160 EFI

Jason jasonshulman at cox.net
Tue Jan 20 18:55:27 AKST 2004

Chips DZ 160 was close, but not as powerful as my OS-160 EFI. I don't have
#s cause we never ran the same props, and I don't usually tach my motors,
but it didn't seem to have the same pull. For fun at the TT I asked Dave
Lockhart to pitch UP a 15.75x13 3-blade and ended up with a 14.75 pitch. It
flew my 10 3/4 pound Shadow....and I was amazed. Although it was way too
fast, it still went through the sequence fine. I flew it again a couple of
weekends ago to learn the new patterns and it's just unbelievable the power
this thing has. It's more powerful than the 1.70 I had in it's twin, and
different power from the electric. If I get my pipe fixed and it doesn't
rain this weekend, I'll tach it this weekend.

Jason, the lonely sponsored 2-stroke (& electric) pilot