Speaking of lessons learned (was are you looking for somethin g)

Alan Hewson alan at countryworkshop.ca
Tue Jan 20 15:15:34 AKST 2004

I have never had a problem (or at least not for the last few years of
flying) just holding the sticks where they need to be to keep the plane in
control. Once you have some altitude, you have time to make the needed trim
changes. At a safe altitude it isn't a problem to let the plane wander (even
a little radically) if needed. I know that YOU are more than capable of
keeping your bearings doing something like that. In fact, I recall many
years ago that you flew one of my planes trying to help me set something up,
and I was astounded at how effortless you made it look. That's my
round-a-bout way of saying that you can still kick my but in front of the
judges. I would be glad to show you how I have mine set up the next time we
are together.
Whatever you do, make sure it is something that works for you.

Alan