servo selections

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jan 15 09:12:48 AKST 2004

On Jan 15, 2004, at 8:51 AM, John Ferrell wrote:

> Futaba 9202 is a good all around value. You are a pretty good flyer if
> you
> can tell the difference with a more expensive servo. I will probably
> not
> spend the extra $$ in the future for the skinny servos in the wings
> either.
> If there is an advantage there, my skills cannot exploit it. Avoid
> using a
> cheap servo on the throttle. I have seen a lot of engine fiddling due
> to a
> crappy throttle servo. There is no way you can achieve a reliable idle
> if
> the servo is flakey.

I totally agree with John on all his assertions.  If you can tell the
differences in servos, use the best.  Otherwise, don't waste your
money.  I use an inexpensive, but quality FMA PS 105 MG servo on
throttle and have never had any idle problems with it.  However, I did
use a Futaba S133 a few years back and experienced throttle idle jitter
because it just wasn't robust enough to handle the loads it
experienced.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org