servo selections

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Jan 15 05:56:39 AKST 2004

Excellent advice regarding the throttle servo.  MANY times I've seen throttle problems, or just frustrating idles be the result of using the cheapest servo in the shop, and often a cheap mini servo to try and control the idle of 4-stroke that's vibrating all over the place.

I'm also an advocate of simply a good quality coreless ball bearing servo.  In my case, Airtronics...that's a 94731 or 94735.  The staple servo for just about everything, though I'd be lying if I said I haven't begun to enjoy the snappy response that digitals (94758's) give me on ailerons.  But everywhere else I use the coreless analogs.

-Mark