Sideways engine?

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 18:10:45 AKST 2004

Nat, I'd tend to agree - the moment arm of the mass offset is so minimally-different from a conventional inverted motor.  Actually, some mass moment would actually move CLOSER to longitudinal centerline with a side-mounted motor, thus reducing the dynamic imbalance.  As someone else pointed out, we statically-balance with a mass offset left of center.
    How little difference could there actually be?
    Maybe tenths of an ounce in moment?

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net