"Building a Pattern Airplane" book

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Wed Jan 7 18:32:07 AKST 2004

David
I use plastic wire tie wraps and the pvc pipe insulation. Just turn the tie
knot underneath and pull the tie tightly into the pipe insulation. Works
good lasts long time.

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com

Da

>From: David Gundling <DGundling at compuserve.com>
>To: "INTERNET:discussion at nsrca.org" <discussion at nsrca.org>
>Subject: Re: "Building a Pattern Airplane" book
>Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:21:27 -0500
>
>Don Atwood:
>
>With repect to your "Building a Pattern Model" book, in it you describe a
>plane stand with adjustable arms for holding planes of various sizes and in
>different ositions as needed. I have made three of them. My question is,
>what did you use to pad the arms?
>I have tried pipe insulation and foam insulating tape, I haven't yetcome up
>with a good way to hold the padding on the arms. The pipe insulation is too
>stiff. The foam tape had a sticky back, I used the sticky back and it fell
>off. Tried to CA it to the arms abd it fell off. Tried nailing it to the
>arms and the nail heads  chewed up everything I used the plane stand with.
>Tried epoxy and that doesn't hold either. Any clues as to what works?
>
>Thanks.
>

>====================================# To be removed from this list, send a
>message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

# discussion-request at nsrca.org