TEST- now motor mount Poll

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Sat Jan 3 06:10:05 AKST 2004

Firing stroke impulse, inertia from moving parts, size of components(prop, piston,square of stroke)  all have an effect on vibration.  I have been trying a few things in search of that all elusive vibration free setup. Does a 3 blade prop run smoother then a 2 blade prop? I have been making nose rings out of 1/8" urethane sandwiched between 1/32" ply.  The urethane holds the nose in place without having to have too snug of a fit at the crank end and it so far doesn't seem to wear as quickly as lined nose rings.  On my Entropy with an OS 1.40 is super smooth and quite at idle and through most of the rpm range.  My Aries with the Mintor 1.70 bangs like a 4-stroke at idle and there was a noticeable reduction in vibration when I switched the nose rings.  I make a home made soft mount using Bob P. instructions and it weights about 3.3 oz and handles the Mintor quite well.

you can view it at this link

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryCat.cfm.cfm?memberID=6463&CFID=862285&CFTOKEN=3b3a471-7dc5463c-19d1-4704-bd2f-605a2511e969

Wayne G.