Arresti Update

W. Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 25 17:10:20 AKST 2004

Bob
I am starting my 2nd year in pattern and just put together a 90 size JR
Explorer ARF. I was interested (as are many I'm sure) in a 2-meter ARF
possibly for my "next" plane so I've enjoyed watching this "build".

I would like to point out on your weight sheet, I think you have a
transposed weight from the old sheet.
      176Oz = 11.0 Lb = 4989.5Gm  but that equals 4.9895 Kg  (not
5.035Kg) -that's the same Kg wt as your original measurement

Your lighter than you thought !!         :-))

Also I have a thought, instead of changing battery to lithium How about
changing landing gear. By switching to Bolly Carbon gear for example, you
would save 3.315Oz (94Gm)
(stock aluminum gear 7.1958Oz(204Gm)  - Bolly F3A Gear 3.88Oz(110Gm) =
3.315Oz(94Gm)

This would put you at total weight of 4895.5Gm or 4.8955 Kg or 172.684Oz or
10.792Lb and I think a $47.00 set of gear would be cheaper than a lithium
battery/regulator and possibly a new charger to boot. Just a thought

Keep up the good work   - Now for a flight report   :-))

Eddie
W. Eddie Batchelor P.D.
Perkins Pharmacy
Take Charge - A Lifestyle Management System
The Wellness Store (A Natural Pharmacy)
129 N Pine St
DeQuincy, La. 70633
E-mail   :   perkinsrx at centurytel.net