PPG basecoat clear coat question

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 16:01:48 AKST 2004

It normally takes about two to three hours to sand the first coat and about
the same on the trim colors, depending on the number of trim colors. Trim takes
a little longer because you have to be careful not to rub through small width
trim stripes. After the whole thing is sanded it takes about another two or
three hours to polish the whole thing.
After I polish I wipe the area's that will get stickers with liter fluid or
PPG oil and grease remover and apply the stickers after that I wax the whole
thing. I use a wax called zymolI get it from Advanced Auto Parts store here it
contains all natural ingredients, No hydrocarbons or silicone's
I just finished my new USA Eagle One and spent about eight hours total after
I was through painting. The paint is PPG- DCC Concept Wings are glassed and
painted Total weight added per wing panel for the entire finish glass, epoxy,
primer and paint was 3.8 ounces total weight completed per wing panel is 14.8
ounces. Fuse finish added 3.5 ounces flying weight is ten pounds and four
ounces.
Buddy Brammer