receiver antenna placement

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 06:02:08 AKST 2004

10.0!
John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rcmaster199 at aol.com
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:53 PM
  Subject: Re: receiver antenna placement

  I can't stand the fact that the vinyl insulation gets, shall we say, seasoned, after a year of exposure to the elements. So I try never to extend the antenna outside.

  Just this weekend in fact, one of the local beginners snagged his leg on his stab mounted antenna, tripped and fell on, you guessed it, another plane. Ouch!

  Actually the hardened insulation remoinds me of the one about the old timer whose friend told him he could enhance his love life with rye bread.

  "Rye bread" he sez. His friend replied "yes Maury, rye bread"

  Next day he went to the bakery and asked the Baker for " 16 loaves of rye bread"

  "16 loaves Maury" the Baker replied. "it's gonna get hard"

  " Oh you heard about it" was Maury's reply

  Matt K (VBG)