receiver antenna placement

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 17:11:14 AKST 2004

Only time I ever had any problem, was on a  97" Laser I bought.  It was
covered in blue metallic, and the previous owner had about 3 different
sites he apparently used to position the antenna inside the fuselage
When I ran it (antenna) inside, I couldn't get any range outside of my
hat.  So, I did what Tom does, ran it outside.  Absolute end of
problems.  I asked the previous owner, and he said that he "sometimes
had a few glitches"  I'll bet!

Bill Glaze
P.S.: I'd heard this about metallics blocking reception for years, but
someone said "not true!"  He said that the metallic wasn't really metal,
but plastic.  Now, I don't believe I'm buying that!