mintor setup / fuel lines / ES pipes

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 15:35:18 AKST 2004

I concur with JimW and JerryB on this thread. FOR 2 STROKE set-ups, I have
found it easier to route the fuel lines first outside then back inside the
fuse.The set up I used in Alliance 3 years ago, and also in Temptress this year is
as follows:

1- Aluminum tubing from the tank klunk line to the fuse side; a grommet just
like Jerry uses keeps the aluminum from chafing the composite material

2- The tube is connected to the tank with a short piece of silicone tube

3- Aluminum tubing from tank vent to fuse side, near the first tube, again
through a grommet
. A short piece of sili rubber connects that tube to thetank

4- Aluminum tube from the firewall to the same area of the other two tubes. I
have three aluminum tubes coming out of the fuse side in reasonable proximity
to one another (about 1" triangle)

5- The aluminum tube through the firewall is connected to the engine pump
inlet by a short piece of sili rubber. I include the first filter in this line.

6- A short piece of sili rubber connects the aluminum tube from the klunk
line to the  aluminum tube routed to engine's pump, so the fuel delivery to the
engines is complete

7- the vent stays open during operation, and is closed after flying, simply
by flipping the sili rubber tubing from engine feed to vent. This closes the
tank and isolates the engine so the fuel can be run out, etc.

8- Filling/emptying  the tank is simple. The vent is actually attached to the
fuel reservoir so no additional moisture is introduced in the reservoir. And
there is no fuel spilled from the vent after the tank is filled

Hopefully that made sense to you. It's the lightest and most effective set-up
I have come up with yet

Alot of folks are using whatever works for them. If someone already has
explained this exact set-up, please accept my apology.

Matt K