mintor setup / fuel lines / ES pipes

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Feb 23 13:57:37 AKST 2004

Vincent,

Really the best way to do this is on a test stand if you can.  Keep moving
the pipe in till you get max rpm and then back it off about .5".  If the
midrange is sluggish or doesn't respond properly lengthen it till it runs
good and transitions in the midrange well.  Don't worry too much about peak
rpm as the main thing your looking for is good smooth transition.   You can
get 2-300 more rpms at peak by having a shorter pipe but it will suffer in
the midrange.  Changing props will alter this setup.  A larger prop or more
load will need to be lengthened some. Smaller props or less load will need a
shorter setup. Nitro content will change things too so try to stay
consistent and use the same fuel.  My experience with the Mintor 1.70 is
they like a little longer setup and really run good in the midrange.  This
is with the Mintor c.f. pipe.  We also found that the performance figures
the Italians are using are from using 16x14 and 16x12 props.  The 17x12 and
17x13 props we are using require a longer setup then the Italians are
recommending.

My O.S. is running really sweet on a new proto-type c.f. (3.5oz) pipe that I
am testing and will let you all know about it after I get some more fuel
through it.

Wayne G.