Wanted 2 meter kit - Panacea Review?

Rodney Tanner rodney19821982 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:36:25 AKST 2004

Thanks Ron. . .

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:

On Feb 23, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Rodney Tanner wrote:

> Has Tony Stillman, or anybody, done a review of the development,
> building and flight testing of the Panacea, or is it available on a
> Web-page? I was off list for a couple of weeks and might have missed
> it.
> The Piedmont Temptation and Focus II seem to be getting a lot of well
> deserved attention here and at RCU. So far the the Focus II seems to
> be the logical choice, in terms of proven performance, all balsa ease
> of assembly and value for $. for a 2M and, likewise, the Quest, MK
> Star 90, or the Widebody 60 for a 90/120 option.
> On the other hand, from the reviews and comments posted on RCU, the
> C.A. Eclipse seems to be a bit more complicated option, as it would
> seem to require quite a bit of modification to make it work.
> It would be good to hear comments and reviews on the other U.S.
> designs: Panacea, Phenom, Aires and Titan.

Steve Kessler, B. W. Ponder and Todd Blose each have flying Panacea
airplanes. I have heard that Steve reported that he really liked his.
I haven't heard anything from B. W. or Todd. John Fuqua has one on the
building board, as do I. John's is much closer to completion. I will
report more as progress warrants.

Ron Van Putte