45 Down 1-1/2 Snap

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Feb 23 05:38:42 AKST 2004

Yes it is a roll component on a line segment and per the rules .....all
rolls on line segments must be centered on the line...Also this is a center
maneuver, therefore the center of the 45 degree line must be centered on the
pilot or more correct center is over the pole. Therefore the snap is over
the middle pole. With equal line segments both sides and equal radii top
push and bottom push. Downgrades for centering maneuvers in AMA classes of
pattern are 2pts per quarter of maneuver off of center...In F3A the
downgrades are on the order to of 1 to 4 pts for centering. Vs the AMA rules
of 1-8pts off. That is 2pts per quarter off center...so all the elements to
the left or right would be 8pts off but in F3A this is only 4 pts off.

TN