Tonight's Dumb Idea...

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 07:38:28 AKST 2004

Never had any problems for hundreds of flights with my Sukhois, so I
went with a $6 Dave Brown mount on my focus.  Over a year, no problems.
In fact, Dennis (of Carden) doesn't want soft mounts on his large
airplanes.  He says, and has evidence to back it up, that after the
first 50 or so flights, you will begin breaking elevator hinges.  I
realize that the airplanes and engines are a lot larger than what we
use, but, still............
I got tired of putting an additional $200 up where it would be first at
the scene of the accident.
To reiterate: so far, so good.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org