Tonight's Dumb Idea...

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Fri Feb 20 04:57:29 AKST 2004

Earl,

Your absolutely right on the automotive engine mount thing.  The Acuras that we work on have that same type of mount you are talking about.  I have thought hard about trying to make a viscous fluid type mount for my model airplane.  But the size, weight and type  of materials and machining would make it difficult to make in my garage. In order to produce a smooth running single cylinder engine a counterbalance would have to be incorporated.  Thus adding weight and size to our power plants.
 I am not sure why but my current new plane is super smooth and quite and it is using the same engine,mount,and exhaust system that I had in my old plane(different design).  I am sure it has much to do with the shape and size of the fuse and wings more then anything then the type of mount or engine or its just the right combination of the whole package.

Wayne Galligan