Tonight's Dumb Idea...

Del K. Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 05:22:42 AKST 2004

Earl...
    Not to disagree with your findings but could you shed some light on why we often gained rpm when solid mounting our engines to good maple mounts compared to some of the fiber man made mounts of that same era?
    As I remember there was much discussion that went around why soft mounting wouldn't work and it was felt the trade off in lost rpm was worth it for the savings on airframe and equipment. Course about that time gobs more power was becoming available to those that were sponsored or could afford dumping their engines for the new crop.

                         del
               NSRCA - 473