prophecy Fixed Gear

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 11:24:50 AKST 2004

I suspect the original research on that question was by Peter Goldsmith,
during design of his Carerra.  It was the only fixed gear bird in the F3A line
at a Nationals in mid 1990's.  Peter found that conventional gear retracted into a door-less well had more drag than fixed gear with pants.
That was the start of fixed gear becoming popular.

Ron Lockhart

>...John - Are you saying the the retract cutouts cause more drag than the
fixed gear with wheel pants?

Ron Van Putte<

# discussion-request at nsrca.org